Championship Game 4 preview
The Elmira Enforcers will be looking to force a decisive game five in the championship series as Carolina plays their second game in two nights during this round.
The Enforcers achieved their first victory in this round with a dominant 7-2 win last night before a crowd of 3,699. With every game potentially being their last the Enforcers have an uphill climb with their starting goaltender, and head coach all suspended, Elmira will need to find a way to keep themselves alive in the series. The return of their captain Ahmed Mahfouz should aide in that battle.
The Enforcers have found a lot of success with 19 of their 33 wins coming on First Arena ice.
TIME: 7:05 p.m.
PLACE: First Arena
- Brandon Vuic leads the Enforcers with six goals in the playoffs thus far.
- Nick Niedert will be looked to as Troy Passingham’s two game suspension will keep him out of the lineup for at least games three and four
- Stepan Timofeyev has continued to provide a spark for the Elmira offense as he has put up four goals and five assists in the post season
- Michael Bunn leads the way for Carolina in the playoffs with 6 goals and 9 points
- Beau Walker’s addition to the Carolina roster has not gone unnoticed. In 3 games he has posted 7 points for a +4
- Christian Pavlas, goaltender of the year, continues to look shaky in the crease. He’s dominance of play during the regular season has not translated to the playoffs where he now has a save percentage below .900 for the first time since mid-December
JT Walters played four games for the Thunderbirds to begin the season before coming to Elmira
Kyle Stevens spent part of the season last year in Carolina after being moved from Danville last season