Commissioner's Cup Game 1 Preview
The Elmira Enforcers are preparing for game one of the Commissioner’s Cup Championship tonight against the Carolina Thunderbirds at 7:35 pm at Winston Salem Fairgrounds Annex.
The Enforcers made a clean sweep of the defending champions, the Watertown Wolves, with a 5-4 victory in game one and 7-4 victory at First Arena in game 2. Carolina similarly swept the Port Huron Prowlers with a 5-4 victory in game one followed by a very close 3-2 victory in game 2.
Tonight’s game will begin the best of five Championship series as both sides look to claim the FHL’s ultimate prize, the Commissioner’s Cup.
TIME: 7:35 p.m.
PLACE: Winston-Salem Fairgrounds Annex
- Stepan Timofeyev and Sean Reynolds lead the team in goals with three a piece in the playoffs so far
- Gavin Yates is the defending Commissioners Cup MVP and will be looking to defend his title as he looks to help bring a Championship to Elmira
-Troy Passingham has played solid games against the Thunderbirds all season. His solid play in net has led Elmira to a second place finish in its first season
- Beau Walker, who played 10 games with Carolina this year before being called up to Peoria (SPHL) has returned for the series after Peoria’s early ousting in the playoffs
- Michael Bunn’s 3 goals and 2 assists lead the way for Carolina as they look for their first ever title
- Carolina’s netminder, Christian Pavlas, ended the season with a Goals Against Average under 2.00 and a save percentage well north of .932, in the playoffs ha has a Goals Against Average of 3.00 and a Save percentage of .897
JT Walters played four games for the Thunderbirds to begin the season before coming to Elmira
Kyle Stevens spent part of the season last year in Carolina after being moved from Danville last season