Commissioner's Cup Game 2
The Elmira Enforcers are set for game two of the Commissioner’s Cup Championship tonight against the Carolina Thunderbirds at 6:05 pm at Winston Salem Fairgrounds Annex.
The Enforcers fell last night 7-3 in game one of the series, but are optimistic heading into game two. Carolina was once again able to limit the Enforcers to fewer than 30 shots on goal for the game.
Tonight’s game will be the second of the best of five Championship series as both sides look to claim the FHL’s ultimate prize, the Commissioner’s Cup.
TIME: 6:05 p.m.
PLACE: Winston-Salem Fairgrounds Annex
- Sean Reynolds continued his streak of scoring in every playoff game this season as he tallied the Enforcers second goal of the game
- JT Walters scored a goal against his former team at 6:53 of the third, but the Enforcers were unable to complete the comeback effort
-Nick Niedert entered the game in relief of Troy Passingham and stopped every shot he faced
- Beau Walker scored two goals in his return to Carolina assisting them in the victory
- Michael Bunn’s 5 goals and 3 assists lead the way for Carolina as they look for their first ever title
- Carolina’s netminder, Christian Pavlas, ended the season with a Goals Against Average under 2.00 and a save percentage well north of .932, in the playoffs ha has a Goals Against Average of 3.00 and a Save percentage of .897
JT Walters played four games for the Thunderbirds to begin the season before coming to Elmira
Kyle Stevens spent part of the season last year in Carolina after being moved from Danville last season