Enforcers Bounce Back, Beat Dashers 4-0

by Jon Kliment

The Elmira Enforcers dropped their first game after a nine game winning streak to Danville Friday night and came out with a renewed passion on Saturday night at David S Palmer Arena.

The Enforcers tallied the only goal of the first period as Brendan Hussey was able to slap shot a rebound past Matt Kaludis just 7:30 into the first frame. Despite a late penalty to Hussey, the Dashers were unable to get anything but Troy Passingham in the first period as Passingham stopped all 11 Dasher attempts.

The second period got wild as the Enforcers had a two man advantage early in the period that they capitalized on with tic tac toe passing from Stepan Timofeyev to Tyler Prendergast to Glen Patterson who buried it for a 2-0 lead.

Just under three minutes later the game got really wild as Brandon Vuic and Fred Hein mixed it up in a fight. Vuic made comments to the official and ended up getting ejected from the game, but on his way out Taylor Cutting made a comment and he and Vuic engaged piling up over linesman to get at each other which got them both ejected. Six minutes later the game saw its second ejection as Brent Clarke was thrown out as well.

Elmira remained undaunted by the loss of roster spots as they saw Kyle Stevens light up the score sheet twice in 1:17. His first came while the Enforcers were shorthanded after Cameron Yarwood lifted a Dasher stick stole the puck passed to Dmytro Babenko who then fed Stevens for his first goal. Then 1:17 later Timofeyev picked up a puck behind the net fed out front to Ahmed Mahfouz who passed back to Stevens for his second of the game.

The third period was scuffle after scuffle with both sides taking penalties, but as the clock wound down Troy Passingham earned his first shutout of the 2018-19 season as the Enforcers held it at 4-0 through the final 20 minutes.

The Enforcers next game is at home against the Watertown Wolves February 15that 7:05 at First Arena. Call for tickets today at 607-734-7825.