Game Preview 3/8
The Elmira Enforcers look to ride the momentum of their first victory over the first place Carolina Thunderbirds as Carolina once again returns to First Arena tonight at 7:05 pm.
The Enforcers (24-13-3-4, 82 pts, .621%) will battle with the Thunderbirds (38-5-1-2, 118 pts, .855%) as they look to start a winning streak against a possible future playoff opponent. If either team achieves three points this weekend they can clinch a playoff spot. For the Thunderbirds it would be a guarantee of first place, for the Enforcers it would be a first ever playoff berth.
Tonight’s game is the tenth of fourteen meetings between the clubs this season.
TIME: 7:05 p.m.
PLACE: First Arena
- In his return to the Enforcers lineup this weekend Sean Reynolds tallied 8 points including a hat trick
- Ahmed Mahfouz has had at least a point in every game since December 7thgiving him a total of 64 points in 26 games
- Gordie Howe had two Gordie Howe Hat Tricks in his career. On Sunday afternoon the Enforcers had two in one game as Ahmed Mahfouz and Stepan Timofeyev both achieved the feat.
A Gordie Howe hat trick is a goal, assist, and fight in the same game.
- Ray Boudiette has returned to the Thunderbirds line up after his retirement from the game last season
- Jan Salak leads the Thunderbirds in Goals and Points this year with 22 goals and 64 points
- Carolina has a goal differential of +103 this season averaging 4.3 goals a game, however when facing Elmira, they have only eclipsed 4 goals one time
JT Walters played four games for the Thunderbirds to begin the season before coming to Elmira
Kyle Stevens spent part of the season last year in Carolina after being moved from Danville last season